Vehicle Speed Detection System
Every day on the road we face new challenges from traffic violations to speeding. These things pose a threat to the safety of the people and vehicle speed control is one of the main concerns points for the authorities. The Vehicle Speed Detection system is a revolutionary step towards ensuring and improving the road safety standards of civilians. These detection systems are designed to detect the position of the moving vehicle in the scene and the position of the reference points which helps in calculating the speed of each static image frame from the reference point.
Their features vary from detection capabilities to accurate measurement, range and much more.
Features of Vehicle Speed Detection System:
- Speed Measurement: Its ability to measure the speed of a vehicle to maximum accuracy is the primary driver of this system. These measurements can be displayed on a screen or can be recorded for analysis later on.
- Range and Accuracy: Based on the technology, the range and accuracy of the system can vary. Systems with a longer range like Radar based systems might not have high accuracy and systems like Lidar-based ones which come with higher accuracy but lower range.
- Directional & Multi-lane detection: A system that can detect the direction of a vehicle’s direction helps in monitoring and managing traffic flow. Similarly, some systems are designed to monitor multiple lanes at one time and help the authorities enforce on busy highways or roads.
- Data logging: Data recorded over time is logged and can be used to analyze traffic patterns & trends which can help in policy making.
- System Integration: The systems can be integrated with various other systems for traffic management and transportation systems. It helps paint a more comprehensive picture of traffic conditions and optimize the traffic flow.